Coaching & Consultancy
It is a well known fact that Natalie is partial to a cup of tea, it brews the best ideas!
Hello and welcome,
Here at Dogwood Lifestyle we believe that life is for enjoying and that the most productive meetings happen over tea and cake rather than stuffy old boardrooms. Having sat through far too many meetings, which could and should have been emails, I decided to set up Dogwood Lifestyle to smash the 'work-life balance' into just, well, life!
We want to disrupt the way people work, we want everyone to have fun all of the time and we believe that the best way to achieve that is by working with like-minded folk who are down-to-earth and extremely talented.
We also believe that business shouldn't be as scary as it is often made out to be, that everyone can be an entrepreneur and most of the time all people need is a bit of support and a push in the right direction to succeed.
We aim to foster relationships and highlight potential.
Come join us,
Dr Natalie McCreesh, CEO & Founder of Dogwood Lifestyle Ltd
Sounds ace, how you gonna do that?
- Consultancy - Need an expert on board to sound out ideas, discuss strategy, offer creative solutions? We got you covered.
- Research - Sometimes you just don't have all the facts to make the best decision. We offer market research, customer targeting and academic research within the areas of fashion, interiors, trends, lifestyle, consumerism, well-being and mental health support, to give you accurate information and relevant background information to ensure you and your business are ahead of the curve. We have worked with Universities, businesses and charities to provide them with intel so they can best support their consumers.
- Coaching - Most of the time all it takes is a push in the right direction or some reassurance from someone who has been there, done that. Natalie offers group and one-on-one life coaching sessions for women looking to live their dream lives, set up their own businesses, finding a mentally healthy work-life balance and support for working with anxiety and depression.
- Networking - we feel the best support comes from like-minded folk who genuinely want to help others succeed. That's why we have our recommended network of fellow creatives we know and trust. From freelancers, creative agencies, photographers, artists, mental health experts, upholsterers and designers, if we can't help you we are more than happy to put you in touch with someone who can.
- Courses - coming soon (sign up to the mailing list for the hot goss).
- Co-work spaces - on hold due to Covid-19 but hopefully coming soon (join mailing list for deets)
About Natalie - What I was upto before founding Dogwood Lifestyle Ltd
Natalie has a multidisciplinary academic background spanning life sciences and fashion & design / marketing & communication. In addition to qualifications in cognitive behavioural therapy, mindfulness and life coaching.
Gaining a PhD from The University of Manchester researching hair and material fibres from ancient human and textile remains. Her research interests have focused upon human interaction and views of the self, which has been pursued in both historical and modern areas of fashion Nature.com
Natalie joined Sheffield Hallam University 2016-2019 as Senior Lecturer in Fashion Management & Communication, she was Course Leader for MA Fashion Management & Communication and has been acting Course Leader for BA (Hons) Fashion Management & Communication.
Prior to joining Sheffield Hallam University Natalie was Lecturer in Fashion Industry at the University of Huddersfield. Before moving into full time academia Natalie contributed to a range of courses as Associate Lecturer at Manchester Metropolitan University, The University of Manchester and Nottingham Trent University, where she lectured in Fibre & Textile Analysis, Archaeological textiles & personal appearance and Fashion Communication & Promotion, Fashion Marketing, Fashion Theory, Fashion Blogging & Bloggers.
Natalie also has a keen interest in Fashion Psychology and Sustainable Fashion developed working as Postdoctoral Research Associate for the TRANSFER project at The University of Sheffield and London College of Fashion. The ‘TRading Approaches to Nurturing Sustainable consumption in Fashion and Energy Retail’ project was a knowledge exchange venture funded by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC) addressing issues of sustainability within the fashion and energy retail sectors Project-Transfer.com.
Natalie is keen to take on consultancy projects, she was appointed Academic Research Consultant for the Arts Council England (ACE) funded project entitled ‘The Cinderella Syndrome: Displaying shoes in museums’ with Northampton Museums and Art Gallery. Natalie contributed to a multi-disciplinary project which addressed the problems with displaying shoes in museums and retail from a practical and theoretical angle. The study discussed socio-psychological effects of boundary, social perceptions and cultural associations and the effect this has on consumers when they interpret physical display, be this in museum or retail environments The Cinderella Syndrome.
In addition to academic pursuits Natalie has vast experience working in the fashion industry with collaboration and consultations for well-known fashion brands such as TJX Europe (TK Maxx), All Saints, Vivienne Westwood and Spartoo. Natalie has worked as a columnist with Style etc. Magazine and Things & Ink Magazine and features writer for various publications such as The Conversation, The Independent, Love/Hate Zine, She is Fierce magazine. Natalie has also been a keen fashion blogger in the past for award winning Fashion Pearls of Wisdom blog.